Represents Department in Organizational Planning
- Participates in the development of Online Operations and/or divisional goals and objectives to ensure Student Success operations are appropriately aligned.
- Implements and enhances departmental goals and objectives related to specialized advisement, to improve student outcomes in the areas of retention, effective engagement, successful term completion and successful program completion.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the departmental budget to ensure all goals are met on a yearly basis and within established budget parameters.
- Prepares reports and presents research findings to management to support strategic recommendations.
- Serves as the point of contact with the Online Operations Management Team, including Admissions, Finance, Business Office, Registrar and Academic Affairs to facilitate information exchange and planning activities.
- Participates in and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate Online Operations activities to optimize service quality and efficiency.
Directs Personnel Actions
- Provides oversight and direction for recruiting and selection processes, new hire actions, compensation planning, training, and performance management to ensure Delta’s staffing practices support a high quality student experience.
- Directs Student Services activities to support other departments as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides professional development to academic and advisement personnel on best practices related to retention.
- Monitors and directs student services activities to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of state and federal regulations to ensure compliance of all activities within the scope of Student Success.
- Manages Online Operations activities related to the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) to effect compliance by determining and providing reasonable accommodation.
Develops, Maintains, and Reports Data
- Provides oversight of the student tracking system to ensure all student academic information is maintained accurately and efficiently.
- Provides leadership, oversight and training in the effective documentation of student interventions develops best practice methods for improving the performance of the department.
- Identifies and analyzes business needs for the student tracking system in order to develop findings and recommendations for action by information technology personnel.
- Analyzes student retention rates, course pass rates, term completion rates, program completion rates, student satisfaction surveys, student graduation rates, and graduation surveys to identify at-risk students and remove barriers to retention.
- Reviews attendance tracking metrics to inform retention and re-enrollment decisions and activities.
- Maintains accurate student population reports (e.g., starts, re-entries, withdrawals, dismissals, graduates, leaves, etc.) to ensure that data is available to support fact-based decision making.
Directs General Operations
- Develops, implements, and communicates policies, processes and procedures to maximize department workflow efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops and monitors customer service metrics to ensure that the campus and/or division provide maximum service quality.
- Resolves escalated student service and operational issues and follows up to ensure that problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Directs student registration for new and continuing students to ensure students are taking the appropriate courses.
- Develops retention programs to effectively employ data in creating solutions that improve student satisfaction within the defined career strand of each school and/or brand.
- Participates in target events, conferences, meetings, and workshops to represent the organization appropriately in its relationship with the other campuses.
Leads and Develops Others
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure optimal performance.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Recommends employees for lateral rotations and promotions to provide them with opportunities to develop new skills and take on more responsibility.