The Registrar is responsible for the accuracy, integrity, privacy and security of all academic records including but not limited to proof of graduation, attendance, student schedules, grades, SAP Appeals, SAP Academic Plans, transcripts, and graduation lists. He/She provides excellent customer service to students and to the functional departments on campus by responding to requests for information and assistance in a timely manner. The Registrar is responsible for assuring that the campus is compliant with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This position supports the functions of the Director of Education, Associate Director of Education, Library/Resource Manager, Evening Supervisor, Program Coordinators, and Faculty.
⁻ Bachelor’s degree or related experience
⁻ Master’s Degree preferred
⁻ Three years of experience in a Registrar’s Office preferred
⁻ Experience with student management software (e.g., CampusVue)
⁻ Experience in building schedules for course delivery
I. Maintains Student Records
• Creates, updates, and archives academic records and files for all students (i.e., active and inactive) to ensure files are accurate and complete and to ensure compliance with institutional, accreditation, federal, and state guidelines.
• Receives new student files and follows up with the Admissions Department to request any missing item(s) after a complete review.
• Communicates with the Director of Education and Director of Admissions on a weekly basis to discuss outstanding student record items and to ensure each new student file is complete.
• Files updated transcripts, schedules, and other correspondence on academic matters into student files in a timely manner.
• Audits academic student files for all graduating and withdrawing students and ensures completeness prior to archiving.
II. Maintains Attendance and Population Records • Monitors attendance data on a daily basis and submits appropriate paperwork to relevant staff and faculty.
• Creates attendance sheets, distributes them to instructors, and collects them at the end of the day to enter attendance data into the student information system (CampusVue) within 24 hours.
• Archives and maintains original attendance sheets to ensure compliance with institutional, accreditation, federal, and state guidelines.
• Prepares, obtains approval, and distributes student attendance notifications (e.g., Early Alert forms, Excessive Absence Notices, etc.).
• Maintains an accurate student population list in the student information system (CampusVue).
• Retains back-up documentation of key information (e.g., starts, re-entries, withdrawals, dismissals, graduates, leaves, etc.) to ensure compliance with institutional, accreditation, federal, and state guidelines.
• Processes withdrawn and graduating students on a timely basis to ensure compliance with institution, federal, and state guidelines.
• Prepares and presents weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual population reports to keep the Director of Education informed.
III. Maintains Grade Reports, Transcripts, and Satisfactory Progress Records
• Maintains accurate student transcripts for matriculated students.
• Processes credit transfer requests from other postsecondary institutions and prepares student notifications of acceptance/non-acceptance.
• Prepares, distributes, and collects final grade sheets to enter grades into CampusVue and to ensure student transcripts are complete.
• Archives and maintains original final grade sheets to ensure compliance with institutional, accreditation, federal, and state guidelines.
• Spot-checks the computation of student grade point averages (i.e., current term and cumulative) to ensure accuracy.
• Ensures all "I" (Incomplete) grades are resolved promptly per school policy.
• Runs grade reports for review and approval and distributes grade reports to students within seven days of the end of the grading period.
• Generates and prints cumulative transcripts for all students attending each term and archives transcripts by term.
•Generates and presents reports to identify student performance against Satisfactory Academic Progress standards on a quarterly basis.
• Maintains a record documenting file review of students and actions taken based upon Satisfactory Academic Progress review and determination (e.g., probation, dismissal, etc.).
• Prepares notification letters for probation and dismissal of students for Director of Education's signature.
• Prepare a list of expected candidates for graduation for the upcoming two terms and presents to Director of Education for review before the end of the second week of the term.
• Creates and distributes certificates for Dean's List, Honors, and Perfect Attendance based upon previous term's grades/attendance at the beginning of each term.
• Orders/processes graduating student diplomas.
• Processes requests for official transcripts and mails them to students in a timely manner.
• Ensures that request forms are accurately completed, fees are paid as required, and documentation is placed in student's file.
• Ensures accuracy of grading legend on academic transcript form and that it exactly matches what is printed in the catalog.
IV. Supports Student Registration and Course Scheduling
• Assists the Director of Education and Program Coordinators in the formulation of the Master Schedules of Classes for the next quarter and mid-quarter in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assists the Director of Education and Program Coordinators with the quarterly registration of students.
• Provides continuing student schedules for the upcoming term no less than three weeks before the end of the current term.
• Ensures all continuing students receive final class schedules for the next term prior to finals for the current term.
• Prepares class schedules for distribution to new students during the new student orientation.
• Prepares class rosters and distributes to Instructors prior to class start.
V. Assists with Accreditation Reports and Activities
• Maintains master syllabi files and archives them by date and course to ensure compliance with institutional, accreditation, federal, and state guidelines.
• Gathers and provides academic information to assist with the preparation of accrediting, federal (IPEDS), state licensure, and agency reports.
• Assists with the preparation of accreditation materials and reports (e.g., Institutional Self-Studies, Institutional Effectiveness Plans (IEP), Annual Summary Report, etc.) for accrediting and approving bodies.
VI. Provides Customer Support and Administrative Support
• Provides information to others on proper methods of record keeping (e.g., attendance, grading, start-of-term procedures, end-of-term submissions, etc.) as needed.
• Assists in the organization of commencement exercises and related activities.
• Remains accessible to students on a regular basis for questions and/or concerns.
• Maintains current personal knowledge of federal, state, and institutional regulations in providing support to academic personnel and students.
• Participates in professional development activities and in-service programs.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Education or Campus Director.