⁻ Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
-2 years of experience in Career Services, student advisement, or related field
⁻ Bachelor Degree
- 3 or more years of experience in Career Services, student advisement, or related field
- Sales experience
- Customer service experience
- Working knowledge of federal/state government education regulations
I. Provides Job Placement Assistance
• Collaborates with academic departments to assist with the placement of students in employment, work-study programs, internship and externship opportunities
• Meets or exceeds the required number of graduate placements through solicitation of job leads, graduate contacts and appointments for interviews
• Assists students in locating part-time work and monitors to be sure part-time employment does not interfere with progress toward graduation
• Follows-up with students on job leads provided with potential employers.
• Ensures work-study and/or internships are coordinated effectively with appropriate documentation and commitment from all parties.
Monitors the progress of students who are interviewing and follows-up with employers and students to determine the outcome.
• Maintains an active lead generation system to ensure sufficient job opportunities are available for students and graduates.
• Provides communication to students regarding employment activities and opportunities
• Answers all job lead calls from prospective employers
II. Advises Students Regarding Career Search
• Works with graduates to assist them in their career search by assisting in developing employment goals, résumé and cover letter preparation, and interviewing skills.
• Maintains a variety of employment resources, including database of employment possibilities, career guidance references, employment literature and related information.
• Prepares students for the realistic working world through proper advisory
III. Conducts Career Services Training
• Participates in and/or presents career services information at student orientation
• Works individually and in groups to provide career coaching and educational workshops on job search strategies, resume creation, cover letters, follow-up letters, preparing for interviews and searching for part-time or permanent career employment.
• Facilitates workshops on career-related programs/issues for faculty, students and staff.
IV. Handles Student, Alumni and Employer Outreach
• Initiates contact with potential employers to promote the College, program offering and graduates by making outgoing employer prospecting calls to provide information about the programs and arrange face-to-face meetings in concert with the Employer Call Plan and the Director of Employer Relations
• Assists the Career Services Team with planning and promoting career fairs, on-campus recruiting opportunities for employers and other career-related events.
• Coordinates employer field trips, attends job fairs, and prepares print materials to generate job leads.
• Meets with new, returning and upcoming graduating students on a regular basis for relationship building and career planning
• Identifies and communicates with unplaced graduates and students who are close to completing their program.
• Maintains contact with local employers to obtain information on job opportunities to develop and enhance working relationships, and to facilitate student placement:
• Develops relationships with employers for work-study program, required degree internships, employee training, and employer sponsored degree study training.
• Advertises placement success within the College and in the community
• Participates in public relations forums to promote the reputation and services of the school (i.e. job fairs, open houses, guest speakers, graduate job visits, etc.)
Collects, Maintains and Reports on Relevant Data
• Maintains records of all job orders and creates a filing system (database) of potential placements
• Compiles comprehensive records and maintains database of placements of all successful placements. Ensures that all placement-related data is entered in the Company designated electronic record keeping system on an accurate and timely basis.
• Provides reports regarding placement statistics, new employer relationships, and current employer relationships
• Assists Director of Career Services in surveying graduates and employers to compile data regarding the effectiveness of the programs offered.
VI. Follows Compliance Policy and Procedure
• Complies with all State, Department of Education and accreditation regulations
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures