The Database Administrator will have both strategic and tactical responsibilities in support of all Microsoft SQL Server databases at Delta Career Education.
· Bachelors in Computer Science of Information Technology, or, any combination of; education and experience that equals (5) years in software development, technical support, systems architecture or other IT disciplines.
· 3-5 years of experience performing database administration tasks within the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012 environments
· 3-5 years of experience in a lead database administration capacity coordinating day-to-day activities, assigning tasks/projects and monitoring operations.
· Ability to perform database installation, tuning and optimization, monitoring, back-up/restore, D/R & business continuity, clustering and trend/growth analysis are required
· Effective decision making, and verbal/written communication skills.
· Knowledge of production support, case tracking/escalation tools, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server High Availability solutions and Always On Failover Cluster instances.
· Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) dimensional models and/or Microsoft OLAP/SSAS.
· Certifications in MCSE Data Platform and/or Business Intelligence are preferred.
I. Maintains Database Systems
Provide tactical “hands on” support for SQL Server database related activities.
Support activities such as interface development, data conversion, and database definition.
Promote data standards, system procedures, security policies, and database best practices.
II. Supports Database Development Efforts
Support the deployment of enterprise applications from the database side, Business Intelligence (BI), including the installation of software and the design, build and maintenance of multiple supporting environments (development, test, and production).
III. Facilitate schedules, activities and processes relating to Delta’s systems and technology
Collaborate with user groups, development teams, network teams and system administration teams to plan and communicate database upgrades/ patches and releases.
Optimize and streamline development processes.
Bridge knowledge gaps between database systems, business applications, and other technical infrastructure components
IV. Maintains Database and System Security
Design, develop, and test backup and recovery procedures along with supporting disaster recovery solutions.
Perform security and access control on all databases and provide audit reports as required.
Track and manage database problems with Microsoft support and other third parties.
V. Perform other related duties as needed to meet ongoing needs of the organization.