If you'd like to know when we have Director of Admissions opportunities, then we'd like to know about you! Please apply to express your potential interest in future positions that may become available at any of our locations throughout the US.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for directing and coordinating the work of Admissions staff to generate interest in campus programs and to achieve recruitment and enrollment goals. He/She works closely with the Campus Director and Regional Director of Admissions to lead, mentor, develop and motivate Admissions teams and to ensure that all admissions activities are compliant with regulatory guidelines. This position evaluates individual and team performance to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of recruiting highly qualified students with the potential of graduate and achieve their career objectives. He/She helps to ensure all Admissions staff members maintain a focus on helping students successfully start school and be successful in their program and help to ensure that they are tireless in pursuing prospective graduate enrollees who are passionate, motivated, and committed to changing their lives through career education. The Director of Admissions participates as a member of the Campus Management Team.
I. Contributes to the Development of Admissions & Marketing Strategy
• Assists corporate and regional leaders in developing campus-level admissions and marketing strategy.
• Collaborates cross-functionally with regional and campus leaders (e.g., Financial Services, Education, etc.) to develop strategies that ensure the overall success of the campus.
• Participates in the development, review, and analysis of annual operating budgets as it relates to campus-level admissions goals.
• Sets monthly and quarterly department goals and cascades them to Admissions teams (e.g., Admissions Representatives, High School Admissions staff, etc.).
II. Directs and Coordinates Admissions
• Directs the work of Admissions teams (e.g., High School Admissions team, Admissions Representatives, etc.) to achieve admissions goals.
• Trains Admissions teams on Delta Education’s admissions best practices.
• Implements and trains others on operational best practices and new policies and procedures to ensure a consistent approach by all team members.
III. Monitors Provisional Period Activity
• Works with Admissions Representatives and other departments to encourage students to attend class every day and to make progress towards established program standards.
• Assists in resolving issues and barriers (e.g., financial aid complications, personal issues, etc.) to students’ successful completion of provisional period goals in conjunction with other departments.
• Coaches, advise, and motivate students throughout their tenure to increase the graduation rates and career success.
IV. Monitors and Enhances the Student Admissions Experience
• Implements strategic initiatives and ideas to enhance the student admissions experience.
• Coordinates cross-functionally to improve the overall student experience at all touch points.
V. Leads Performance Improvement Activities
• Provides ongoing training (e.g., telephone and interviewing techniques, career portfolios, recruiting and enrollment processes and procedures, etc.) to individuals and teams.
• Analyzes enrollment information and activity reports to determine areas for improvement.
VI. Drives the Student Preparation Process
• Ensures students are contacted on a regular basis (e.g., one-on-one phone calls, letters, emails, etc.) to prepare potential graduate enrollees for a successful start to school.
• Schedules group events to facilitate networking among potential graduate enrollees and to ensure that they are prepared to start school and graduate.
• Creates opportunities for potential graduate enrollees to visit the campus based on specific need (e.g., obtain student identification card, take measurements for uniform fittings, etc.), thus increasing the likelihood that once the student starts school, they are able to focus on school and be successful.
• Oversees regularly scheduled, structured student prep events to ensure Admissions can assist students to prepare to start school successfully and have the necessary pre-school items completed.
• Ensures accurate documentation of all student interactions and conversations in CampusVue.
VII. Ensures Compliance with Regulatory Agencies and Laws
• Ensures all admissions activities comply with institutional, state, and federal guidelines.
• Prepares reports for senior leaders (e.g., Campus Director, Regional General Manager, etc.) to communicate performance and compliance information.
VIII. Leads and Develops Others
• Conducts regular check-ins with staff, and other resources to review performance versus goal, discuss and resolve issues, and provide the overall support needed to ensure success.
• Coaches and mentors staff to develop the careers of others and improve individual and team performance.
• Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, Coach Plan, etc.) to ensure optimal performance.
• Develops Asst. Director of Admissions to be successful in training new admissions representatives, to run team meetings, evaluating calls and interviews, and other DOA responsibilities so that they can be considered for DOA opportunities.
• Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
• Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
• Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
• Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
• Resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
• Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
• Recommends employees for lateral rotations and promotions to provide them with opportunities to develop new skills and take on more responsibility.